This post originally appeared on ValorFirplaces.com
While instruction manuals might be something you usually just throw in the nearest drawer, your fireplace’s manual contains important safety, servicing, and future reference material. We would highly suggest reading your manual before the initial operation to learn about the many benefits and features associated with your fireplace.
What can I learn from my manual?
- Fireplace safety information – barrier screens, viewing glass & more
- Lighting instructions
- Fireplace operation methods
- Cleaning your fireplace
- Checking pilot and burner flames
- Remote & wall switch operation
- Replacing the batteries in your remote or receiver
- Fireplace servicing
- What to do if you smell gas
- Wall clearances & other dimensional information
- Fireplace Warranty information/card
Have you lost or misplaced your manual?
If you have lost your fireplace’s manual don’t fret! Most fireplace companies house all their manuals. Valor houses all of their manuals, both new and archived, on our Owner’s Manual section of the website. Learn more by visiting valorfireplaces.com/manuals.